Details Of “Commissioning of Gas Collection Station at ONGC’s Bokaro CBM Block”:-
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), a government-owned company, has inaugurated a gas collection station (GCS) at its Bokaro coal bed methane (CBM) block. This GCS is the first facility in the Bokaro CBM Block to combine gas collection and compression.
- The GCS-Bokaro is a significant production facility located in “Patch-A” of the Bokaro CBM Block, which is a joint venture between ONGC and IOCL with ONGC as the JV operator.
- The CBM Asset has executed a tie-in agreement with GAIL for pipeline connectivity with its Urja Ganga Pipeline to sell gas from the GCS-Bokaro. Additionally, the asset has signed Gas Sales Agreements (GSA) with five gas customers, realizing the highest-ever premium of $7.1 per metric million British thermal units (mmBtu) over Brent linked base crude oil price of $4 per (mmBtu).
- The GCS-Bokaro project, including its well site facilities and pipeline network, was conceptualized by CBM Asset and executed by a consortium of M/s Tata Projects Limited and M/s Corrtech International Pvt. Ltd. under a contract awarded by OES, Delhi. The total project cost is around ₹441 crore.
- The GCS-Bokaro is designed to process 1 MMSCMD of CBM gas and handle 750 m3/day of produced water. It is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including gas and water-headers, gas separator, gas filters, Dresser-Rand Make Process Gas compressors, Molecular Sieve based Gas Dehydration Unit, flare system with remote ignition, produced water handling system, RO system, captive power generation system, instrument air system, cooling water, and fire-fighting systems, among others.
- According to a statement by ONGC, 55 wells are currently connected with GCS-Bokaro and are flowing well fluids, including CBM gas and produced water, which have been used for the PGTR (Performance Guarantee Test Run) and commissioning of the installation.
- Unlike conventional gas wells, CBM wells require dewatering through artificial lift pumps before achieving sustained gas production.
About ONGC Company:-
ONGC is the first gas collecting-cum-gas compression station in the Bokaro coal bed methane block.
For More Latest News Click Here