PVR Cinemas opens 3 Multiplexes in 3 upmarket malls in Jaipur, Bengaluru and Gurugram Key Points:
- PVR Cinemas reaches significant milestone of operating 900 screens in 181 properties across 78 cities in 25 years, setting a new standard in the Indian multiplex industry.
- Three new multiplexes have been opened by PVR Cinemas in Jaipur, Bengaluru, and Gurugram, bringing the total number of screens to 19.
- The company plans to open more than 100 screens in the current financial year as part of their expansion strategy.
- PVR has launched an 8-screen multiplex in Jaipur, marking the company’s debut in Jaipur and fourth property in the area. It features premium screen formats such as 4DX and LUXE and has a capacity of 944 seats equipped with plush recliners and state-of-the-art technology.
- PVR has also launched a 7-screen multiplex in Bengaluru, its 13th property in Bengaluru and 17th property in the state of KarnATAKA, it features a seating capacity of 1343 audiences and premium screen formats like 5th 4DX and 2nd P[XL] in Bengaluru
- PVR has also opened 4-screen multiplex in Gurugram, its 7th property in the city and the 12th property in Haryana, the multiplex is equipped with state-of-the-art amenities such as last row recliners, SP4K Laser projectors, Dolby 7.1 audio, and Next-Gen 3D technology
- The company’s leadership has expressed pride and gratitude for the support received from patrons, partners, developers, and teams in reaching the 900 screens milestone and looking forward to the next milestone of 1000 screens
- PVR Cinemas launched its first multiplex in 1997 and continuously adapt to evolving consumer preferences and stay ahead of the ever-changing entertainment landscape, by providing world-class amenities, unparalleled service, and an exciting movie-viewing experience, raising the standard of movie-watching in India.
PVR Cinemas, a leader in the Indian film exhibition industry, has reached a significant milestone by operating 900 screens in 181 properties across 78 cities in 25 years. The company has set a new standard in the multiplex industry. PVR has achieved this achievement by opening three new multiplexes in Jaipur, Bengaluru, and Gurugram, which brings the total number of screens to 19. These openings align with the company’s expansion plan to add more than 100 screens in the current financial year.
PVR Cinemas is expanding its presence in the country with the launch of an 8-screen multiplex in Jaipur, Rajasthan. This new location, the largest of its kind in the state, marks the company’s debut in Jaipur and fourth property in the area. This property is located in the Mall of Jaipur and features premium screen formats such as 4DX and LUXE for the first time in the state. The multiplex has a capacity of 944 seats, equipped with plush recliners and state-of-the-art technology like SP4K Laser projectors, Dolby Atmos audio, and Next-Gen 3D technology, ensuring an immersive and high-quality movie experience for the audiences.
PVR Cinemas continues to expand its presence in India with the launch of its 13th property in Bengaluru, and 17th property in the state of Karnataka. The new 7-screen multiplex is located at Bhartiya Mall of Bengaluru at Bhartiya City, and features a seating capacity of 1343 audiences. This new property offers premium screen formats including the 5th 4DX and the 2nd P[XL] in Bengaluru, providing an unparalleled movie-watching experience for the audiences. With this new property, PVR continues to strengthen its position in the Bengaluru market and provide movie-goers with the latest in cinema technology and amenities.
PVR Cinemas is expanding its footprint in Gurugram with the launch of its 7th property in the city and 12th property in Haryana. The new 4-screen multiplex, called Elan Town Centre, has a seating capacity of 561 audiences and is equipped with state-of-the-art amenities such as last row recliners, SP4K Laser projectors, Dolby 7.1 audio, and Next-Gen 3D technology. This multiplex aims to provide an immersive and high-quality movie experience to the audiences. With this launch, PVR strengthens its presence in Gurugram, and is well positioned to capitalize on the growth opportunities in the region.
“It is with great pride that we at PVR reach the milestone of 900 screens,” said Ajay Bijli, Chairman and Managing Director of PVR Limited. “This achievement is the result of the support we have received from our patrons, partners, developers, and teams over the past 25 years. The simultaneous opening of three new properties on a single day brings us to 63 screens in our overall goal of opening 100 screens by FY 2023. We believe that this year is the year of cinema entertainment and we are excited to entertain our patrons across the country with an unparalleled out-of-home entertainment experience like never before.”
PVR Cinemas was a pioneer in the multiplex revolution in India, launching its first multiplex in 1997. Over the years, the company has continuously adapted to the evolving preferences of consumers, staying current with the times, and staying ahead of the ever-changing entertainment landscape. PVR has set up its multiplexes in prime location across India and enriched the cine-going experience with world-class amenities, unparalleled service, and an exciting movie-viewing experience. The company has been a game-changer in the industry, bringing international standards to the Indian movie-watching experience.
“Reaching 900 screens is a momentous occasion for us,” said Sanjeev Kumar Bijli, Joint Managing Director of PVR Limited. “At PVR, we strive to be the best in the world and are always seeking new and exciting experiences that are meaningful to our audiences. We are now looking forward to the next milestone of 1000 screens, and are determined to provide a delightful cinematic experience to people across geographies and demographics.” This statement reflects the company’s ambition and drive to keep innovating and providing the best possible movie-watching experience to its customers.
For More Latest News Click Here