Key Points of Hero Electric Latest E-Scooters Lineup:
- Hero Electric has launched three new connected electric scooters – Optima CX2.0, Optima CX5.0, and NYX.
- The new electric scooters offer customers more range and stylish design options.
- Optima CX2.0 has a single battery and a range of 89km, while Optima CX5.0 and NYX feature dual batteries and a claimed range of up to 113km.
- The battery of the new electric scooters can be fully charged within three hours.
- The scooters come with connected features such as ‘hibernating battery technology’ and improved charging efficiency.
- Hero Electric’s new scooters feature LED lights, DRLs, and a sleek design language that is an improvement from its previous utilitarian designs.
- The new electric scooters are priced between ₹85,000 and ₹1.3 lakh and will be available in different color options.
- The Indian government has stopped FAME-2 subsidies for Hero Electric and Okinawa due to their non-compliance with phased manufacturing plan (PMP) timelines and localization requirements.
Details of Hero Electric Latest E-Scooters Lineup:
Hero Electric, one of India’s leading electric scooter manufacturers, has announced the launch of three new connected electric scooters – the Optima CX2.0, Optima CX5.0 and NYX. These new additions to the Hero Electric lineup promise to bring connected technology to the brand and offer consumers more range and stylish design options.
The Optima CX2.0 comes equipped with a single battery and offers a range of 89km, while the Optima CX5.0 and NYX feature dual batteries, providing a claimed range of up to 113km. Hero Electric assures that the battery can be fully charged in just 3 hours. The new electric scooters feature LED lights, DRLs, and a sleek design language that is a vast improvement from Hero Electric’s previous utilitarian designs.
In addition to their modern styling and increased range, the new Hero Electric scooters boast of being international in character, featuring Japanese motors and German ECUs. The scooters come with connected features such as ‘hibernating battery technology’ and improved charging efficiency.
Speaking at the launch, Naveen Munjal, MD of Hero Electric, stated, “Our continuous efforts are focused on bringing this vision to life sooner rather than later. Each of our products has undergone an exhaustive R&D process with a primary focus on ensuring customer safety. In tandem with this, we have also worked closely with our partners to cater to the surging demand for EVs in the country. As a result, we are proud to announce that we are all set to roll out over 1 million vehicles annually from our manufacturing units.”
The Optima CX2.0 will be available in matte blue and black color schemes, while the Optima CX5.0 will be available in matte blue and matte maroon color options. The NYX will come in glossy black-and-white color schemes. The new electric scooters are priced between ₹85,000 and ₹1.3 lakh.
It is worth noting that the Indian government recently stopped FAME-2 subsidies for Hero Electric and Okinawa. According to the Minister of Heavy Industries, the companies have failed to comply with phased manufacturing plan (PMP) timelines and localize their vehicles to the extent required for the FAME subsidy. The government has put SOPs under the EV policy on hold until the companies provide sufficient evidence to show their compliance.
About Hero Electronics:
Hero Electronics, a trailblazer and dominant player in the Indian Electric Two-Wheeler sector, has led the charge for electric mobility in India for more than ten years. Our mission is to provide environmentally-friendly two-wheeler solutions that deliver exceptional value for our customers.
For More Latest News Click Here