Key Points Of NTPC Coal Production:
- NTPC reported a 65% YoY increase in coal production from its captive coal mines to over 23 million tones in FY23.
- The coal production was contributed by NTPC’s four operational coal mines located in Jharkhand and Odisha.
- NTPC achieved its highest annual overburden removal of 73.0 million cubic meters, showing a 129% YoY increase from the previous fiscal.
- NTPC is dedicated to increasing domestic coal production to meet the rising demand for electricity in the country.
- The NTPC management commended the support of various ministries and state governments in boosting coal mining production and dispatching high-quality coal to NTPC power plants.
- NTPC’s coal mining team has implemented digital safety initiatives like e-SMP and Sachetan to improve safety measures at its mines.
- The installed capacity of the NTPC Group is 71,594 MW.
Details of NTPC’s Coal Production:
On Sunday, NTPC, the state-owned power company, reported that its captive coal mines had produced over 23 million tones in FY23, marking a 65% YoY increase in production. The company statement stated that NTPC’s four operational coal mines – TPC Pakri-Barwadih (Jharkhand), NTPC Chatti Bariatu (Jharkhand), NTPC Dulanga (Odisha), and NTPC Talaipalli (Chhattisgarh) – had contributed to a coal production of 23.2 million tones in FY23, representing a 65% growth from 14.02 million tones produced a year ago.
NTPC has accomplished its highest annual overburden removal of 73.0 million cubic meters, exhibiting a 129% increase in growth compared to the previous fiscal’s 31.9 million cubic meters of overburden removal.
As per the statement, this accomplishment highlights NTPC’s dedication to ramping up domestic coal production to cater to the rising demand for electricity in the country.
The NTPC management has commended the power ministry, coal ministry, and state governments, among others, for their assistance in boosting coal mining production and enabling the dispatch of 21.9 million tones of high-quality coal to NTPC power plants, marking a remarkable YoY growth of 48% compared to the previous fiscal’s coal dispatch of 14.8 million tones.
To improve safety measures, NTPC’s coal mining team has implemented several digital initiatives at its mines, such as e-SMP (a digital safety management plan) and Sachetan (a safety mobile application).
The installed capacity of the NTPC Group is 71,594 MW.
About NTPC Company:
NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation, is an Indian central public sector undertaking under the ownership of the Ministry of Power, Government of India which is engaged in generation of electricity and allied activities. The headquarters of the psu is situated at New Delhi.
For More Latest News Click Here