Key Points of TCS CEO & MD Rajesh Gopinathan Resignation:
- TCS CEO & Managing Director Rajesh Gopinathan resigns, effective from September 15, 2023
- K. Krithivasan appointed as the Chief Executive Officer Designate, effective from March 16, 2023
- Gopinathan added over $10 billion in incremental revenues and over $70 billion in market cap during his 22-year tenure at TCS
- Gopinathan will support his successor until September 2023
- The announcement is expected to have a significant impact on the tech industry and the Indian economy
- TCS is India’s largest software service provider and a key player in the country’s IT sector.
Details of TCS CEO & MD Rajesh Gopinathan Resignation:
India’s Largest Software Service Provider, TCS, Announces Resignation of CEO and Appointment of Successor
TCS, India’s largest software service provider, has announced the resignation of its CEO and Managing Director, Rajesh Gopinathan. In a filing released on Thursday, the company stated that Gopinathan’s resignation will be effective from September 15, 2023.
K Krithivasan has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer Designate, effective from March 16, 2023. TCS has expressed its appreciation for contributions of Rajesh Gopinathan to the company over the past 22 years, during which he added over $10 billion in incremental revenues and over $70 billion in market cap.
Rajesh Gopinathan has stated that he has thoroughly enjoyed his tenure at TCS, particularly the last six years of leading the organization. He will continue to support his successor until September 2023.
The announcement of resignation of Rajesh Gopinathan and Krithivasan’s appointment is expected to have a significant impact on the tech industry and the Indian economy. TCS has been a key player in India’s IT sector, and its leadership changes are closely watched by industry observers.
TCS, headquartered in Mumbai, is a multinational company providing information technology services and consulting. As a member of the Tata Group, it has a presence in 150 locations across 46 countries. As of July 2022, TCS reportedly had a workforce of more than 600,000 employees globally.
For More Latest News Click Here